I have always been a big fan of Donald Whitney, and especially enjoy his work in Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life!
This past week, from his Center for Biblical Spirituality website, Don posted 10 questions to ask of yourself at the start of the new year. I will be pondering these questions myself these next few days, and I would like to get your feedback as well. Take a few moments to share your thoughts, and I will do the same.
Happy New Year!
1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?